Candelilla wax is better known as the small, wild candelilla shrub and executes a mild slightly sweet scent. You will be glad to know that candelilla wax is a completely plant-based source of wax and is ideal for making vegan and cruelty-free products. It has been used for over 100 years in cosmetics products. Candelilla wax containing protective and softening qualities also makes it a popular added ingredient in moisturizers. Below we mentioned a few key benefits of using candelilla wax for skin and hair.
Candelilla wax for skin and hair -
- Candelilla wax creates barriers between the skin and harsh environmental inconvenience
- Used it as a valuable ingredient in products such as lip balms, lipsticks, lotions, hand and foot creams, depilatory waxes, and soaps.
- It spreads easier and is absorbed by the skin easier and very conveniently rather than Beeswax.
- Products that contain candelilla wax minimize stretch marks, hydrating the skin and clearing parched, scaly skin.
- Highly rich in nutrients and easily absorbed into the hair and scalp
- Create an instant barrier to prevent loss of moisture
- Ideal ingredient for several hair care products including conditioners and scalp treatments.
- Candelilla wax for hair acts as a stain protector. Use it along the hairline, forehead, ears, and neck before using the hair dye off the skin to prevent any stain of hair dye.
If you are considering using Exordium biotech on your hair we recommend melting and adding some oils to the candelilla wax to make it more manageable to work accordingly. By using candelilla wax on your hair and skin, you will get more of a soft and smoother texture. Be cautious not to overuse the product as this can result in your hair and skin feeling or looking greasy.